The Pacaya Samiria National Reserve, located in the state of Loreto, is one of the largest areas of tropical rainforest. Its land is a welcoming home to an immense diversity in both plant and animal species— and in cultures and ancient ways of live. All this aspects, make it a unique and essential destination.
These are the 6 curiosities for which you will not want to stop discovering the immensity of a unique land—-the destination of the Jungle Experiences:
1. Pacaya Samiria extends 2,080,000 hectares, which makes it one of the largest reserves in the Peruvian Amazon. Almost three million hectares populated with wildlife, culture and nature in its purest state. Navigating the rivers that cross Pacaya Samiria aboard our expedition boats allows us to enter the most hidden corners of this immense landscape.
3. In 2015, it was recognized as the second best space for wildlife. The beautiful landscapes of Pacaya Samiria and the diversity of flora and fauna that they harbor have made the National Reserve worthy of being ranked number two in the top 10 of the world’s best wildlife sites. A list prepared by the American media outlet: USA Today.
4. Included in the interior of Pacaya Samiria, are the basins of the Pacaya, Samiria and Yanayacu-Pucate rivers. The best way to get into this immense National Reserve is by navigating the rivers that cross it: tributaries of the Amazon River that bring water to every corner of the tropical forest.
5. The small river vessels that sail the tributaries of the Amazon are a unique way of getting to know Pacaya Samiria. El Zafiro, La Perla and La Amatista, the three vessels of Jungle Experiences, allow the traveler to disconnect, relax, and reconnect with the vastness of a unique land— while admiring the immensity of nature and the entirety of its diversity.
6. The Pacaya Samiria National Reserve is home to approximately 200 population centers that host more than 120,000 inhabitants. There are around 200 local communities that live there. Villages that are populated with about 120,000 inhabitants. On board the Jungle Experiences vessels, you will learn about their customs and traditions—-as well as participate in a ritual with their shaman, who looks after the health and protection of all the members of the community.
All this makes Pacaya Samiria a privileged destination; a point on the planet to discover, explore, and navigate—–Where one can connect with nature, but also with oneself.
Our luxury cruise, El Zafiro, and our adventure cruises La Perla and La Amatista, represent a unique opportunity to delve into the greatness of nature and discover the most diverse ecosystem on the planet.
The Mystery and Magic of Iquitos: The Iron House by Gustave Eiffel
Shamans of Peru: Healing diseases with the power of the Earth
Amazonian cuisine: A Gourmet Affair Aboard Jungle Experiences Cruise
Pacaya Samiria: Understanding how immense the world is, by discovering vast of amount of creatures that live amoung us
Celebrate your wedding in an Amazon cruise, aboard Jungle Experiences.
A family adventure: 6 activities that your children will enjoy in the Rainforest Amazon River Cruise